Saturday, October 10, 2009

My skin is so confusing?

I have very serious acne on cheeks, chin, jaw area, forehead... basically my whole face. Whenever I use salicylic/acne products, my face (especially nose and mouth ares) get dry and discolored like leather. I go through a pattern- i use acne products fo about 3 weeks then stop because skin so dry. takes about 2 weeks of intense aloe vera care for skin to return to normal but then acne returns and I do this over and over again. What do I do???????? so frustrated. I went to dermatologist but I just got pimple cream and pills for $200 dollars and that didn't work.
My skin is so confusing?
Acne doesn't come from what you eat however a persons diet can worsen acne if already afflicted. If it is serious cystic acne your dermatologist may recommend you try Accutane. It has some pretty serious side effects, but it works a majority of the time and usually only takes one prescription worth. If it isn't that serious they may put you on antibiotics such as minocycline, doxcycline, co-trimoxazole(Bactrim). I am assuming you're on one of the previously mentioned.





There is no universal drug for treating acne, different medicines work for different people. Most dermatologists will regularly change prescriptions until they find a drug that works. If all else fails they may resort to accutane.





Unfortunately dry skin is a side effect of pretty much any drug. To counter that you can purchase lotions at any drug store that are geared towards acne and dry skin.





If you feel your dermatologist isn't doing enough to help you I suggest you find another.





On a final note do not take any prescriptions that are not prescribed. Also be careful about the medical advice you get on yahoo, don't ever take drugs suggested to you by Yahoo people, unless it is confirmed and prescribed by a doctor.


Good Luck
My skin is so confusing?
try different products!


only certain types can work on your skin.


instead of putting a lot of stuff


just try to wash it everyday %26amp; put on lotion


to see what that does.


No comments:

Post a Comment